Our Curriculum Overview
A Commitment to Excellence
Our curriculum is theme-based, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, value-based, activity-oriented, and skill-based, preparing students to be confident global citizens. With a strong focus on holistic development, we follow current NEP norms, incorporating play, discovery, inquiry-based learning, and collaborative activities for deeper and experiential learning.
At every level, from primary to senior secondary, our curriculum lays a strong skill-based foundation, fostering a love for learning and equipping students with essential knowledge, critical thinking abilities, problem-solving skills, and effective communication.
Join us as we provide a stimulating learning environment, where students actively engage, think critically, and develop the skills and mindset for lifelong success. Explore our curriculum and discover the enriching educational journey at Vivekanand Global School.
At Vivekanand Global School, we are dedicated to the holistic development of our students, which is why we have embraced thematic learning. What is Thematic Learning? It is an innovative approach that connects concepts taught in various subjects, integrating them seamlessly. No subject is taught in isolation, and even art, music, and dance play a crucial role. This unique method enhances effective learning and caters to students at all levels.
A joyful multilevel activity and inquiry-based programme which is theme-based is offered at this level. Here the tiny tots are exposed to a comprehensive array of hands-on learning from known to unknown and concrete to abstract.
Grades 1 – 5
The pedagogy at the primary level transitions towards building comprehensive skill sets thematically with course materials through varied activities and experiential learning.
- At this level we adapt and focus on the four important skills listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The lessons and the related activities allow the students to comprehend and use the language to communicate effectively.
- Numeracy serves as a tool for both logical thinking and creativity. Thus, the CPA [concrete, picture, abstract] process is pursued to enable students to understand its practical utility as well as the development of reasoning and analytical abilities.
- EVS learning at the primary stage envisages exposing the students to explore and investigate real situations in their surroundings. This helps them connect, be aware of, appreciate, and be sensitized towards the prevailing environmental issues that is natural, physical, and are of social and cultural dimensions.
- Art integration (visual and performing arts) and sports integration utilize the various forms of art, culture, and sports as the basis for learning of concepts across subjects and also nurture their innate talents.
- Students at this stage are initiated into formal instructions through the prescribed CBSE curriculum.
- The middle school programme offers a curriculum to complement the potential of students in acquiring knowledge and implementing the same where required.
- The transition focuses on accelerating the academic strength of the students through hands on and project based activities and assessments.
- A cross curricular and multiple Intelligence approach enables students to integrate the knowledge attained through various subjects such as Languages, Math and Science.
- Art Integration forms an integral part of the learning process where students establish a connect with subjects which make the learning enjoyable.
- Career counselling is offered to students at this level to enable them make the best choice based on their talent, interest and available opportunities.
- Finally, this programme lays a strong foundation for the students to pursue secondary education with ease.